Over the past few months, you may have had somebody speak to you about a contract survey. The purpose of the contract survey is to make sure that Local 34’s Master Contract Committee and eventual Table Team has a good idea of what Local 34 members want to see prioritized in the next contract. Our current contract will expire on December 31, 2018. Negotiations for the next contract are set to begin in May.
Thank you to Membership Secretary Konechne for her work in distributing and collecting many of these surveys, and to super tabulators Justin Dempsey, Pat Regan, Kay Powell, Grace Baltich, Alex Erickson, Brenda Louise, Lindsay Schwab and Deb Konechne who met at the Local 34 office on February 28th to tabulate survey results.
In order, the five highest rated concerns were:
- Yearly General Wage / Cost of Living Wage Increase
- Maintain 5% Step Wage Increases
- Add steps to top of pay range / market rate adjustment
- End to any disciplines or terminations based on race, age, gender or other discrimination
- Increase vacation and PTO Accruals / improve accrual schedule