August 18 @ 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM CDT
Any Active Local 34 Member.
Member Action Team (MAT) Leader
BEING A MAT LEADER MEANS THAT I COMMIT TO:
1. Organize, educate, and communicate with a group of 5-10 of my coworkers to participate in our discussions, activities, and actions/events.
2. Attend MAT Quarterly Meetings, check in regularly with an Organizer, and network with other
3. Participate in Union-wide campaigns that build our power, including new organizing drives, and contract campaigns.
4. Participate in Union-wide trainings and education that helps me develop the skills I need to be an effective
5. Support the goals, values, and principles of our Union.
Union Labor Center (ULC)
312 Central Ave SE Minneapolis Rm 218
The Member Action Team (MAT) is a way to learn and distribute information within our Union. We have approximately 2,500 Members and it can be hard to just get information out, let alone to learn what’s going on and get information in. MAT is a way for Leaders to come together quarterly to get training, share information, and interact with Members. In between the quarterly meetings, information may be sent out to you and we would like you to spread that information. Each MAT Leader is responsible for communicating information with 5-10 Members under the Local 34 umbrella. Ideally, these would be Members that you already have relationships with – as some information may need to be communicated through personal phone or email depending on its sensitivity. This was very helpful during Contract Negotiations and other key issues.
You may get involved by contacting any Union Officer on the Eboard, Steward, or the MAT Coordinating Committee. More information will be provided upon contact.
(Please see the back of the Newsletter for the name of all the active Officers/Stewards.)
Please send any questions to Yunuén at firstname.lastname@example.org